The website and its content, unless otherwise stated, is the ownership of Banyan Tree Yoga, LLC, (referred to in this PP as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’). Where you see ‘you’ or ‘your’ noted, that refers to you: the user or viewer of our websites. Where you see ‘websites’ noted, it refers to www.banyantreeyoganh.com.
How we collect your information
- you sign up for our newsletter
- you email us, or contact us on our website, and request that we send you information
- you create an account on our website
- you order our products or services
- you interact with us on social media
- you provide feedback or complete a survey
- you leave comments or reviews on our websites or social media accounts
Please note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comments on blogs, web pages, posting in a Facebook group, sharing details on online group calls, etc.).
Personal Data we collect and how we use it
We collect personal information from you when you enter your information to receive our email, to ask a question/send a comment, when you place an order for a product or service, to provide and maintain service; to provide customer support; and to detect, prevent and address issues. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill your request. The information we may collect includes:
- Your name and email address for access to our newsletter. Our double opt-in process confirms that you are consenting to be added to our email list. Please understand we have a No Spam Policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of our e-mails. You can also email an unsubscribe request to: email@example.com. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
- Your name and an email address when you submit an email via our website’s ‘contact us’ link. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question. We may use the data you provide to us to for social media marketing and advertisements.
- Your username, password, and transaction data that you provide when ordering from our Websites.
- If you interact with us via Social Media, we may collect your social media name(s).
- Profile data from various feedback and survey forms that you provide.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider to allow us to send you email campaigns and our merchant accounts to process payments for goods and/or services. Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you have requested
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. We cannot, however, guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure because of technology or security breaches. At any time, if we are aware of a data breach, we will notify you immediately.
Storage and Sharing/Transferring Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after you stop being a customer, for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may make your personal data anonymous and it will no longer be associated with you – we would do so research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Some parts of our Websites may require that you enter a username and password for access. You are responsible for all activities of the username and password including maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data and you solely assume that risk. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security.
- The right to be informed: as we are doing in this PP;
- The right of access: you can request a copy of your personal data from us;
- The right to request that we correct incomplete or inaccurate information: you can request that we correct personal data about you that you think may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure (or the ‘right to be forgotten’): you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason that requires us to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing: you can request, in some circumstances, for us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability: you can request that we provide a copy of your personal data in a common format;
- The right to object: you can object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing);
- The right to issue a complaint: you can issue a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully’
- The right in relation to automated decision making and profiling: you have the right for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights (as stated above) under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. If you are interested in more information, please go to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Third Party Websites
We may link to other websites on our Websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Websites. We are not held liable for the privacy of the information on Third Party Websites or information/data that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review privacy policies for Third Party Websites that you access related to your interaction with our websites.
Updated: January 2019