Some in-studio classes will resume the week of June 1. We will be taking a slow, phased approach to reopening the studio. We will monitor the guidelines closely and make adjustments as needed. Please be sure you register for either Virtual (online) or In-Studio (physically at BTY) classes depending on how you plan to participate. Prior to coming to any In-Studio class, please become familiar with the new procedures below and complete a new waiver following this link.
BTY Student Agreement COVID-19
The health and safety of our community is our top priority, and we ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and others safe and healthy. Banyan Tree Yoga is taking steps to protect our community and in addition, there are steps whereby each student can take charge of their own health and wellness inside our studio. We look forward to continuing to provide a safe and healthy yoga environment to our community. We believe yoga is a safe and wonderful way to stay healthy. We hope that you will continue your yoga practice with us, keeping our yoga community thriving and strong. Thank you for doing your part!
What WE are doing at BTY:
- In addition to usual cleaning practices, The building cleaning crew is wiping down knob handles and railings regularly.
- Studio front door will be left open prior to class and after class to maintain air flow and minimize touching of door handles.
- Windows will be kept open when possible to regulate clean air into the studio.
- All common surface areas will be cleaned after each class.
- Studio floor will be cleaned and disinfected after each class.
- All teachers will be leading class from their own mat. We will not be offering any hands on adjusts or assists or walking around the room at this time.
What we need YOU to do:
- Please do NOT come to the studio if you are sick or not feeling well. Possible symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms such as muscle aches, chills, and severe fatigue
- Changes in a person’s sense of taste or smell
- Please stay home until symptom-based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation:
- a. At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND
- b. At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (recovery is defined as resolution of fever off any fever reducing medications plus improvement in other symptoms)
- Please do NOT come to the studio if the answer is yes to any of the below questions.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19? (do not return to the studio for 14 days from last exposure)
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Are you experiencing any new muscle aches or chills?
- Have you experienced any new change in your sense of taste or smell?
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding! Be safe and healthy.
Brandy and the Banyan Tree Yoga Tribe